Áitiúil, a group exhibition exploring the work of five eminent members of the Royal Hibernian Academy (RHA), all of whom have a connection with Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County, opened in the Municipal Gallery at the dlr LexIcon today, and will run (Monday to Saturday, 10am-5pm) until Saturday the 9th of May 2015.
- Carey Clarke PPRHA, former President of the RHA;
- Professor of Painting John Coyle RHA;
- Professor of Sculpture and member of Aosdána, Imogen Stuart RHA;
- George Potter RHA;
- Member of Aosdána, Melanie le Brocquy HRHA.
Áitiúil will present key early, mid-career and late examples from each of the artists’ body of work, offering the audience unique and often intimate insights into the lives and creative minds of these five distinguished artists – all of whom have chosen Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown and its environs as a place to settle down and work in.
The Gallery Learning Programme will offer opportunities for visitors to explore and engage with the artworks on show, through a series of talks and workshops. There will be a tour (27th of April, 1.30-2.15pm) and workshops will include—
- a mould-making masterclass for adults, with sculptor Maggie O’Connor (11th of April, 10.30am-4.30pm),
- a family workshop with sculptor Catherine Braggan (18th of April, 10.30am-4.30pm), and
- a press moulding and casting workshop for 8-10 year-olds, with sculptor Maggie O’Connor (25th of April, 10.30.am-4.30pm).
All events are free of charge, and full details can be obtained here. For further information please contact Ciara King, the Assistant Arts Office-Arts Programme Development by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.