The Dún Laoghaire Business Association and the Glasthule traders have joined forces this year to promote “Bloomsday” on June 16th.
The following events have been organised:
1. The Road-Train that has been operating on the East Pier, to journey from the Harbour to Sandycove and back down Georges Street to Bloomfields Shopping Centre and then down Marine Road.
2. A French-themed street market at St. Michael’s Church.
3. An alfresco breakfast at St. Michael’s Church with two sittings: one at 8pm and one at 9.30am. You can book a place at the breakfast by calling Jimmy in Weir’s pub on (01) 214-7015.
4. Children’s face painting and puppet show.
5. A “Blooming Shop” competition, sponsored by the Tidy Towns Committee, for the best presented shop-front, and a “Blooming Hat” competition, sponsored by Bloomfield’s Shopping Centre.
In addition, bunting will be erected in the area and there will musicians, readings and caricatures at various locations;.
These events are organised with the help and support of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, the Dún Laoghaire Brand Project and the Dún Laoghaire Harbour Company