Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council has opened its 2017 dlr Grant Scheme for applications.
The DLR Grants are open to individuals, groups and organisations engaged in projects, events or developments for community and business organisations in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown, and aim to maximise the benefit to the whole community in DLR.
The grants range from support for local community groups in running community events, summer projects, sports activities and community development initiatives, to support for business groups with running business promotion events and initiatives that drive footfall and support economic growth. There are also events, heritage and festivals grants available to support and promote key events or festivals throughout DLR.
Since 2014, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council has awarded almost €1.8 million in grants to drive quality of life and an environment for economic growth.
Successful grant applicants must acknowledge DLRCoCo’s support, and the grants fall into the following categories:
- Age Friendly: to support initiatives to enhance the quality of life of older people living and visiting DLR;
- Arts: to provide financial assistance to individual artists, arts groups and arts organisations engaged in arts projects or events and to support the professional development and arts practice of individual artists, arts groups and organisations;
- Business: to support DLR businesses by providing financial support for promotion and marketing activities aimed at generating and sustaining business;
- Community: to provide financial support to our local Community Groups;
- Environment: to support community groups in enhancing their natural surroundings, raising awareness of environmental concerns, and facilitating local community action;
- Events: for the support and promotion of cultural events in the community;
- Heritage: to promote the public’s engagement and awareness of our heritage;
- Sports: to provide financial assistance to sport in DLR.
The deadline for applications will be in mid-October.