Dublin Regional Watermains Rehabilitation Works
Works to rehabilitate the watermains continue this week and traffic management plans will be in place in the following locations next week (w/c 4th July) to facilitate the improvements.
- Temple Hill (for approximately 10 weeks) – outbound lane restrictions between the junction with Temple Park Avenue and approx 50 meters past the junction with Newtownpark Avenue, between 10am and 8pm (Monday to Wednesday) and 10am to 6pm (Thursday & Friday).
- There will be ‘no left turn’ from Monkstown Road onto Temple Hill (heading towards Newtownpark Avenue) and a diversion route will be available via Temple Hill, Frascati Road, Carysfort Avenue, and Fleurville Road onto Newtownpark Avenue.
- There will be ‘no right turn’ from Temple Hill onto Newtownpark Avenue (heading towards Deansgrange) and a diversion route will be available via Stradbrook Road, Rowan Park, Brookville Park, Benamore Road and Newtownpark Avenue.
- There will also be a three way stop/go in operation at the junction at the top of Temple Hill.
- Lower Glenageary Road – from Crosthwaite Park South to Upper Glenageary Road, stop and go boards will be in operation for approximately 200m sections of Lower Glenageary Road for 4 weeks between 9.30am and 8pm (Monday to Wednesday) and 9.3am to 6pm (Thursday & Friday).
The junction of Marine/Crofton/Queens Roads continues to undergo resurfacing and alignment works with new public lighting and tree planting. A new signalised pedestrian crossing point will be provided outside Dún Laoghaire DART Station and greater pedestrian areas with wider pavements and a public space will be provided outside the Pavillion shops on Queen’s Road. It is now anticipated that works will be completed in July.
Work will begin on the southbound carriageway of the M11/N11 between Wilford and Fassaroe, to facilitate the erection of public lighting columns. The hard shoulder will be closed for approximately 5 weeks until 15th July 2011.
NII at St Laurence’s Park Bus Stop
Works will take place to up-grade the bus stop on the NII at St Laurence’s Park until 30th September 2011 from 8am to 6pm. A traffic management plan will be in operation during the works.
Works are continuing on Kill Avenue section of the QBC and Cycle Track Scheme from Foxrock Church to Dún Laoghaire DART Station. The road surfacing works are now complete apart from junction tie-ins and red surfacing at bus stops and cycle tracks. Road markings will commence on Monday 20th June (weather permitting) and minor works will continue for another 2 weeks approximately.