Monday 26th September 2011 marks the 10th anniversary of the European Day of Languages. This day is a Council of Europe initiative celebrating the rich linguistic & cultural diversity of Europe, and encouraging lifelong language learning.
To help celebrate the day, DLR Public Libraries wishes to remind you of the language learning services on offer.
- Byki – an online language learning system, with over 80 languages to learn, including English for speakers of other languages, and Irish;
- Our 8 branch libraries & the Staff Library have language courses, including English and Irish Sign Language, for loan;
- Stillorgan Library holds an informal English conversation group every Wednesday at 6.30pm
Deansgrange Library holds informal language exchange sessions, where the public can share their respective language abilities:
- Monday 10.30am-12pm Italian / English
- Tuesday 10.30am-12pm Irish / English
- Wednesday 10.30am-12pm German / English
- Thursday 10.30am-12pm French / English
- Friday 10.30am-12pm Spanish / English
- Saturday 10.30am-12pm Spanish / English
For more information, visit the DLR Public Libraries web page ».